Development Level: Infant
Learning Areas: Engineering, Math, ECSEL
Overview: Explore pictures of structures made out of different materials around the world, then compare and contrast the weights of different building materials in the classroom!
- ECSEL Tool: Our Emotions Cards
- Printed-out pictures of structures around the world made of different materials (e.g., steel, concrete, brick, wood, glass, bamboo, etc.)
- Various age-appropriate materials of different weights from your classroom or outside (e.g., soft blocks, wooden sticks/popsicle sticks, small wooden blocks, larger rocks, feathers, etc.)
- Two plastic bins, one labeled “heavy,” and one labeled “light”
- Optional: resealable plastic bags