Development Level: Toddler
Learning Areas: Engineering, Movement (Fine Motor), Science
Overview: Set up boat-building stations for children to practice their fine motor skills, then test the boats on the water! Do they sink? Do they float? Can they move in different ways? Let’s find out together!
- ECSEL Tool: Our Emotions Cards
- Recycled plastic jar lids in various sizes and colors (at least one per child)
- Playdough or modeling clay
- Craft sticks
- Glue sticks
- Scissors (teacher use only)
- Foam sheets (either recycled material or craft pieces)
- Various small classroom items (e.g., plastic toy counters, pom-poms, Legos, etc.)
- Note: Small enough to test in the boats, but large enough to not pose a choking hazard.
- Large plastic bin or sensory table filled with water
Optional: sand timer or digital timer